Monday, July 24, 2017

FTM2017 - Plan Workspace, Download from Ancestry

One of the new or revised parts of FTM2017 is in the Plan Workspace, in the Download a Tree from Ancestry. Meaning that you already have an Ancestry Member Tree (AMT) and now you want that AMT in FTM2017.


What is on the menu is very different. For privacy reasons I am only showing the first AMT that I can download, but this list is long, for me.

The key is the information that is provided on the right side of the screen


There is a Sort by: (will show in a minute) the Filename information about the AMT, the number of people in that tree and the number of Media files. In the list that you can see, there are two tree names that are look the same, but they are different. You select one and you see the statistics on that AMT.

You can Sort them by Name, Date Modified, Date Created and Status.



At the bottom right of the earlier image gives you some more options. You can Delete the AMT, View the AMT or Download the Tree.


Under the Sort by is another setting, Ascending or Descending order.


With the Check Mark in that box, the list below will be in Ascending Order, in the example above, I wanted it in the Descending order or Most Recent On top.

I will be cleaning of my test AMTs and the old ones as I move my old AMTs into FTM2017.

This makes is so much easier, for me, at least.
_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2017 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly