Friday, July 21, 2017

Color Coding

FTM has a really cool new feature, Color Coding.

In the People Workspace, Tree View, upper right corner is a new ICON, Color Coding



Clicking on that ICON, you have choices.




I chose All Ancestors, (4 colors)

When I turned that on, The parents of the focus person now have a color below their information.




The first time I turned this feature on, I saw a problem.

I returned to myself, and looked at the Index, in the People Workspace, Tree View and scrolled up the index a couple of times.




The colors indicate my direct line ancestors BUT the color for Eliza Pancoast and John are different from the rest of the Worrell / Worrall individuals.

Below is my 4 grandparents, each with their own color. The Green dot above and underline below is for my Paternal Grandmother. The Red dot is for my Maternal Grandfather. So, I probably have some research to do.



These families were all in the same area at the same time, been there for years, but I did not realize that  the Worrall / Worrell may different or the same family. Remember, in old records spelling doesn't count. I know about the different spellings, but without the color coding, I didn't realize that it may be different families.

_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2017 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly